Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Good news!!! Work work work! I went into CIAT this morning and before I knew it I was given my very own officey area. Well, as of yet it is just an empty room with bags of seeds and dead bugs, but soon enough it{ll have a desk and chair and for some reason that{s really exciting! I have to start writing up a proposal for the mayor to buy the seeds and materials for the new vivero, and on the 21st i have to give a big charla to some farmers and kids in some small community down south somewhere. it{s really exciting!
The latest on the Oso-war is that he came back to my house last night, so i let him sleep there. i mean, that{s not cheating, he came to me, right? Every time i try to kick him out he just stays outside the door and moans. I think I{m winning!! Pretty soon I{ll go talk to the new pseudo-owners and see if they really want him or not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oso's no fool, he know a bed safe place any day ... yay!!!

pauline

Steve said...

Yep. You put food out and they don't and Oso decides the outcome of this contest - no asking required.

Good job on the work, too.

Clarendon Pet Care said...

Yay Gina! I finally read all your blog posts, how exciting! I hope the political situation gets resolved. Good luck with Oso! I miss you!

Traci said...

There's nothing like having your own office. I was so excited when they gave me an office (even though it wasn't just mine) when I taught that class at UCSC. It was just so nice, having my own space to do work in! Also, they're not even pseudo-owners. It's like that way to solve a custody dispute and the animal or child gets put in the middle between the two parties who want him or her, and whoever the animal or child goes to wins! I'm rooting for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your new office, G. Speaking of dead bugs, I don't understand how any dog could possibly want to stay away from your tick and flee ridden bed.

btw, it was pretty sweet when Harrison Ford used the Nazca lines to help find the lost city of gold (actually filmed in Hawaii) in IJ and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which just came out. It was kind of like Graham Hancock meets X-files meets Crouching Tiger HD. Anyway I guess you aren't so far from those?

Good luck on your upcoming presentation and lemmeknow when you are ready to hike the Inca trail with me and Matt. I'll bring the trail mix.

paul